ROC-U launched under the operating name of QuickFlicks in December 2009. The original locations were at Kelley's Island Seaway Marina and East Side Farmer's Market. Soon to follow was the first on-campus location at John Carroll University in University Heights, OH. The business grew in the next two years to the following on-campus locations: Case Western University, Baldwin-Wallace College, and Lake Erie College.
After heavy beta testing in the past two years, we have decided to pursue colleges and universities as the home for our future kiosks. ROC-U is an acronym for Rent On Colleges and Universities. We have learned a great amount in the past two years and hope to bring this service to your campus.
The Executive Team
Baldwin Wallace College
Bowling Green State University
Case Western Reserve University
John Carroll University
Lake Erie College
Northern Kentucky University
University of Akron
University of Michigan - Flint
Wayne State University
- FAQ’s 1
- FAQ’s 2
- FAQ’s 3
To rent a DVD, Video Game or other product from this Automated Kiosk you must swipe your credit card. By swiping your credit card you certify that you are the legal owner of the card that you are at least 18 years of age, and that you agree to all of the Terms and Conditions listed herein. If you are under the age of 18 you may only use this Kiosk with the express permission of a Parent or Guardian.
- You agree to pay the rental rates as listed on the kiosk screen.
- If we are required to collect Sales Taxes in your area, either on rental, purchase or applicable Maximum Replacement Cost, they are additional to the rental price and you understand and agree that they are automatically applied to your credit card over and above the value of the rental.
- You understand and agree that your credit card will be charged an additional period fee, as displayed on the kiosk screen, for each additional period you keep the DVD, Video Game or other product beyond the return time.
- The Rental Day Limit allowed for a rental is 14 after which the rental is converted into a sale.
- DVD - $30.00
- Blu-Ray - $35.00
- Video Game - $75.00
- If the rental day limit has been reached, you have purchased the DVD, or Video Game or other product and do not need to return it. If you return the DVD, Video Game, or other product after the replacement cost has been charged, you agree and understand that no refund will be issued, but that we will mail that product to you upon written request and payment of delivery charges.
- If the DVD, Video Game or other product is returned Damaged, without the original box or other product or information included in the box you understand and agree that your Payment Card will be assessed additional charges up to the Maximum Replacement Cost of that DVD, Video Game or other product.
- If you reserve a DVD online, the reservation period begins immediately. You have four(4) hours to pick up your reserved DVD(s). Your reservation will expire after four(4) hours and you will be charged a one night rental fee for each reserved DVD.
- If you have questions, comments or concerns, please contact Bowstreak Entertainment Group at: 1-216-410-9419 or email us at email@example.com
Q: How do I rent a DVD or other product from a kiosk?
A: Follow three easy steps:
Browse through the movie selection. Select the title you want to rent. Note the slot number Listed on the right side of the DVD slot. Push the start button. Enter the slot number. Select Buy or Rent.
Swipe your credit card and take your movie. *By swiping your credit card you certify that you are the legal owner of the card, you are 18 years of age, and you agree to all terms and conditions listed herein. If you are under the age of 18, you may only rent from a kiosk with the express permission of a Parent or Guardian.
To return a DVD, push Return and place the DVD in the return slot.
Q: What are Promo Codes and how are they used?
A: Promotional codes are issued through emails and text messages to cell phones. After selecting your movie rental at the kiosk, you will be prompted to enter the code. Upon completion of this code, your account will be credited and you will receive your discounted (or free) rental.
Q: How do I get a Promo Code?
A: As a member of our Movie Club you will receive promo codes via email. Please sign up as a member of our Movie Club at our website, and this will add you to our mailing list. http://roc-u.com
Q: When are the movies updated?
A: Newly released movies will be placed in the kiosks every Tuesday, which is the national release date.
Q: What are the prices of rentals?
A: ROC-U charges for movies on a PER NIGHT, PER DVD (plus tax) basis. For a movie rental, the first night costs $1.00 and $1.00 for each additional day. Games are charged at $2.00 per day.
Q: When is my credit or debit card charged?
A: At the time of renting the video, a preauthorization charge of $1.00 will be assessed to your credit or debit card. Upon returning the rental, your credit or debit card will be charged for the full amount during the rental period.
Q: Is there a deadline for returns?
A: While there is no formal deadline for returning rentals, your credit card will be charged $30.00 for DVDs, $35.00 for Blu-Ray, and $75.00 for games and the disc will be yours if held for more than 14 days.
Q: What happens if I reserve a DVD online but do not actually rent the disc?
A: If you reserve a DVD online, the reservation period begins immediately. You have four(4) hours to pick up your reserved DVD(s). Your reservation will expire after four(4) hours and you will be charged a one night rental fee for each reserved DVD.
Q: What do I do if the DVD I rented is scratched or does not work?
A: For any customer service inquiries, please call 216-410-9419. You will not be charged for rentals days if your DVD is not functional.
Q: What will happen if I lose or damage the movie?
A: If you lose a movie, please contact Customer Service at (216)410-9419 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a lost movie, the credit card that you rented the movie with will be automatically charged the listing price within 14 days.
If the DVD or other product is returned damaged, without the original box or other product or information included in the box you understand and agree that your Payment Card will be assessed the additional charges up to the maximum replacement cost of that DVD or other product.
Q: Is my credit card information safe? What type of security protects my credit card information?
A: We use the most secure method available for transactions and all communications use 128-bit encryption. Your credit card information is not stored on the kiosk computer system.
Q: What is considered a full rental day?
A: The rental period of one day is equivalent to the next day at midnight.
Q: How many DVDs can I rent in a day with a single credit or debit card?
A: The maximum discs a customer an have out at a time is three(3).
Q: I want to advertise on a machine, who do I contact?
A: E-mail us at email@example.com
Our Customer Service Team is available for the following hours:
Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Saturday 12PM-5PM EST
Telephone: (216) 410-9419
If you are unable to reach us, please leave a message and we will get back to you promptly.